Article body analysed
By YASEEN ZAMAN Published: 06: 14 AEDT, 15 February 2025 | Updated: 09: 54 AEDT, 15 February 2025 5 View comments Carlo Ancelotti has grown 'tired' of speculation that Vinicius Junior will leave Real Madrid to join the Saudi Pro League, after the Brazilian reportedly rejected a new contract offer from Los Blancos last week. Madrid are said to be keen to tie the 24-year-old to a new long-term deal, after he was linked with a move away last summer. Negotiations opened between club and player over a contract renewal, according to The Athletic, but Madrid's first offer was turned away by Vinicius Jr's camp. To fuel speculation over his future, it was reported earlier this week that the winger was offered a five-year deal worth £830million to play in Saudi. However, Ancelotti insisted that he is not worried about his star man leaving for pastures new, and noted that a move away from the Bernabeu has not been internally discussed at the club. 'Yes, I'm tired of this topic but I'm not worried, ' said Ancelotti on Friday when asked about reports of Vinicius Jr leaving Madrid. Carlo Ancelotti has insisted that he is 'not worried' about Vinicius Junior leaving Real Madrid He has been earmarked with a move to Saudi after rejecting a new contract at Los Blancos Vinicius Jr was reportedly offered a whopping £830million to join the Saudi Pro League 'I see him happy and we are happy with him. There's nothing more to add with respect to what I said a week or two weeks ago. 'It's not a topic that we discuss here. He [Vinicius] doesn't discuss it. 'All I can tell you is what I see here, he is happy, eager to do things well and make history with the club. 'I see the same Vinicius as always, very eager to do things well. ' Reports from Spain previously claimed that Vinicius Jr's future may lie away from the Bernabeu. Vinicius Jr is said to have met with officials from Saudi Arabia, namely vice president Saad Al Lazeez, in Prague in 2023 as they attempted to convince him on the move, according to Marca. Talks between the two parties have reportedly continued ever since, with the gulf state prepared to offer him a five-year deal worth £830m to join the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema. The deal would also reportedly see the forward serve as an ambassador for the World Cup in 2034 in the country. Reports from Spain claimed the Brazilian met with league vice president Saad Al Lazeez over a potential move in 2023 Members of his entourage are said to view the tabled proposal as 'unrejectable', though the player is yet to make a firm decision on his future plans. Asked following the game against Manchester City on Tuesday about the speculation surrounding his future, Vinicius insisted he was intent on continuing his legacy in the Spanish capital for years to come. He said: 'I have a contract until 2027, but I have always said that I want to play here for a long time, to be able to make history and to receive the affection of the fans along with the president, all the players and the coaching staff. 'And God willing, hopefully in the next few days all the negotiations can be resolved and I can stay here for much longer. ' Published by Associated Newspapers Ltd Part of the Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday & Metro Media Group